Chennai: Tamil Nadu Medical counselling for admission into Government, Govt. Aided, Self-Finance Medical Colleges began on June 5 at 10:00 AM.
Totally, 28,354 students had applied for medical studies in the state. Random Number and rank list were released earlier.
Already, 1653 medical seats are already available in 17 Govt Colleges and 13 Private colleges across the state of Tamil Nadu. Apart from this, Medical council approved 50 more additional seats in Chengalpatu Medical College, which earlier had an intake of 50 students.
Among the 2,145 total seats available, 15 per cent is allotted for All India Quota. Counselling began today at 10:00 AM for the rest of the 85 per cent seats.
Certificate verification for special category candidates, including physically challenged and wards of ex-servicemen began on July 5 at the Kilpauk Govt College Cultural Auditorium at 11:00 AM.
Health Minister, Dr. Vijay, inaugurated the counselling process.